~Break free from the Good Daughter Trap~
The Good Daughter is grossly overlooked by the mental health community. She’s busy making everyone’s lives easier, doesn’t rock the boat and typically suffers in silence. The good daughter syndrome is subtle and insidious. Her voice, her vitality, her autonomy is stolen by a dynamic that has been culturally sanctioned. Let's change that.
~Rise from the guilt and shame~
If you're the daughter of a difficult mother trapped in the role of the Good Daughter, becoming conscious and rising above the limiting messages of guilt, shame and self-doubt can be difficult.
You may ...
- Struggle with low self-esteem despite your accomplishments
- Feel guilty when you haven't done anything wrong
- Constantly second-guess yourself and your decisions
- Want to be fair and kind but frequently end up feeling taken advantage of
- Give too much and get too little in relationships, genuinely not knowing what you owe others
This is the result of the Good Daughter Syndrome. Feeling “not good enough” for Mom has had an effect on your whole life. The bad news is, Mom probably isn't going to change. But the good news is, you can.
~You can find healing and step into a new life~
"Few people have the wisdom, insight, and sensitivity to change lives through talk therapy. Katherine Fabrizio does. My heart and mind recommend her without reservation."
– Bryne Betz M.A.
"Katherine Fabrizio exudes comfort. To be around her is to be creatively inspired by your own uniqueness, and to learn to accept, love, and even laugh at, your perceived limitations." – Kathleen O’Grady (Raleigh Coaching Academy)
"I want you to know that the insight that you helped me gain has been literally life-changing. The understanding I now have of my motivations, drivers, repressed anger, and the implications of my somewhat messy family dynamics has helped me more than anything I’ve learned in my adult life." – C.A.
"Katherine is everything you want in a therapist: kind, warm, extremely intelligent, understanding, and receptive. She makes connections that you might never have realized." – Anonymous Google Reviewer
~Your life can and will change~
During your work with Katherine, you will...
- Gain a deeper understanding of why your mother does the things she does, so they no longer have the power to hurt or anger you.
- Release guilt and set boundaries without letting guilt control you.
- Gain confidence by learning to look inside of yourself to feel good enough.
- Break free from the roller coaster of emotions you have experienced being tied to a mother who is limited in her ability to love.
- Relax into peace and calm, finally leaving the anxiety that comes from dealing with a difficult mother behind by strengthening your boundaries and developing your intention.
- Break the cycle for both you and your own daughter by discovering ways of parenting for positive connection.
~Working with Katherine~
You Choose Where You Want To Dive In-
Assessment, Emergence & Clarity
You struggle in your relationship with your mother but you aren’t sure exactly what goes wrong. You just know you always end up feeling mad or sad when you interact with mom. You suspect something might be wrong with your mother or at least in your relationship with her. You are just beginning to sort this thorough and want some professional help.
It’s time, you are ready to make a change in your relationship with your mother and willing to do the hard work to get you there. You need some strategy and guidance.
Evolution & Transformation
You’ve done some work on your mother issues. You have been working on this for a while and realize there are far-reaching ramifications for the destructive dynamics you have with mom. You are ready to explore breaking the remaining chains and become all you can become as a woman.
What makes Katherine the expert on The Good Daughter?
- Masters degree in Clinical Psychology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- 31 years in private practice
- 5-Star Author on Amazon
- 1,240 additional hours of training postgraduate school
- 24,986 hours spent working with clients
- Many years of working with women just like you.
Self Care for Empathetic Daughters of Narcissistic/Difficult Mothers
- A focused one on one session 1-hour call, via Zoom, or phone (US/Canada)
- Precall assessment to determine the heart of your needs
- Unveil the specific hidden dynamics in your personal story and pinpoint what has gone wrong
- A strategy for addressing the most painful or stuck point of your relationship with your mother.
Ready For Change
- If you are at a crossroads in your relationship with mom, ongoing coaching can provide you with clarity, strategic support, and regular check-ins to keep you on track for success as you define it.
- Minimum commitment: 3 sessions over 1 month period.
- Access to online course "Rise" $97 value
- A concrete action plan that we’ll co-create
- For clients, who are ready to lift the ceiling of oppression heal the mother wounds and rise into their own lives with confidence, boundaries, and sovereignty. This package offers the highest level of support. Ongoing coaching can provide you with clarity, strategic support, and regular check-ins to keep you on track for success as you define it.
- Minimum commitment: 6 sessions over 3 month period.
- Lifetime access to "Rise" course
- A concrete action plan that we’ll co-create
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this therapy?
Although I am a licensed therapist, this is not therapy. This is coaching. With coaching, you do not receive a diagnosis. We focus in on this specific issue in your life, not your entire psychological makeup. Coaching is also more strength based and shorter term than psychotherapy.
Are there certain rules or “must do's” in your program?
Absolutely not. You will only make the changes, both internal and external that you feel comfortable to make at your own pace. There is no one size fits all. My approach will be customized to you.
My mother has passed or I’m not in contact with her- can I still benefit?
Yes, most of the mother issues are internalized mother issues. It isn’t so much what she does currently as the effect she has had on you and your recovery from them.
Do I need to follow the online course?
It is suggested that you take the course and do the exercises. But the time is yours and the beauty of one on one is that we together can start where you are and follow where you need to go at your own pace.
I’m in therapy or have had therapy. Can this still help?
Actually, it is a good adjunct to therapy. We can really focus in on the sticky spots and you can use the materials available to you to move your therapy forward.